Thursday, May 26, 2016

Scenes from the Last Two Weeks


The past two weeks have been a blur of family, friends, celebrations, travels, and lots of fun! The girls and I headed to Indiana to stay with my younger siblings so my parents could travel to Kansas for the graduation of my sister Adrienne from Benedictine College in Atchison. Then, we hung around for a few more days before meeting up with Paul and Matthew and then heading north to Milwaukee for the ordination of a close college friend. There was a lot of traveling, not so much sleep, and probably a bit too much junk food consumption, but being able to see and visit with friends and family, some of whom I had not laid eyes on in almost eight years, made everything well worth it!

I took my good camera along for the ride, but failed to take it with me whenever I suddenly had the urge to take a picture. Thus, the majority of our trip was captured via iphone. At least the quality is remarkably good compared to my old flip phone (the one that is currently in the Smithsonian as an example of "old cellular technology" though it was my personal phone up until a few months ago). Unfortunately, even my phone pictures were few in number and fail to show how much activity was packed into the last few weeks.

*****

Enjoying play time with Uncles and Aunts. For those who are unaware, my youngest brother is eight and thus is more of a best friend to my kids. However, occasionally he does like to break out into "Uncle Bruce mode" and patronize the littlest nieces by attempting to pick them up or teach them to walk.





Just a few of my sisters (plus a very thirsty Lucy). Missing two of them...


Watching soccer with Grandpa...


Visiting Notre Dame. That door is the entrance to Alumni Hall, the place where Paul and I spent so much time together during our college years.


Lucy had South Quad pretty much all to herself...



Taking a stroll down God Quad with my third baby...




Feeding the rabid ducks. Even Emma had her fill of fowl by the end of that day!


In Milwaukee for our dear friend Andrew's ordination! So good to see him and so many Notre Dame classmates again after such a long time!


Hanging out with Daddy and Uncle Peter in downtown Milwaukee!




Babies get the best views!


We have lot of catching up to do in the coming days and lots of new recipes to share! Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Glad we were able to see you! Looks like you made more than one trip to Lakeside. =)

    ReplyDelete